JBL Project K2 S9900 – The most advanced and sophisticated speaker in the world?
The JBL Project K2 S9900 is one of the most advanced and sophisticated speakers in the world. The Project K2 series from JBL goes back many decades and the Project K2 series has always been the finest that JBL’s High-end division can produce at the current time. These beads play with a dynamic capability not found in other high-end speakers.
The beautiful 15″ bass unit is specially made for this speaker and the magnet system itself weighs a whopping 16kg. As something completely unique, a 4″ magnesium compression driver has been developed for this speaker, which is mounted in a SonoGlass horn that is part of the cabinet construction, a nice detail where the horn helps to ensure a perfect frequency response and control the dispersion of the delicate midrange. The upper frequencies are handled by a 1″ Beryllium compression driver that goes all the way up to 50kHz, which sits mounted in its own high-gloss lacquered housing on a SonoGlass coated cast aluminum bi-radial horn.
The sub-filter is also taken care of, all the important capacitors are pre-charged with 9volts battery voltage, and each speaker unit has its own sub-filter which is placed individually in the cabinet so they don’t interfere with each other. The cabinet is a chapter of its own, the elegant curves look great whether you choose them in a custom high gloss finish or in the classic wood veneer.
The weight of 82.7kg speaks for itself.
The JBL Project K2 S9900 is the ultimate speaker for the music lover who plays all genres of music. It plays it nice and crisp like no other speaker in the world.
- 15-inch woofer with Alnico magnet and 100 mm voice coil, cast frame and 16 kg motor structure
- High-frequency compression driver and horn with 4-inch magnesium diaphragm
- Precision-molded Sonoglass® HF horn section integrated with curved baffle
- Ultra-high frequency compression driver with 1-inch beryllium diaphragm
- Sonoglass® UHF horn paired with die-cast aluminium housing
- Separate crossover boards for each frequency section
- Heavily braced curved front and rear enclosures eliminate enclosure-induced staining
- Available in Wood Grain, Black Zebra Wood and six high gloss paint colours: Black Gloss, Polar White, JBL Orange, Rosso Corsa, Tungsten Silver Metallic, British Racing Green Metallic and Sapphire Blue Metallic
Type: floor speaker
Principle: 3 Way
Bass Principle: Bass Reflex/Compression Driver
Impedance: 6 Ohm
Sensitivity: 93 dB
Frequency response: 33 Hz – 50 KHz
Dimensions (WxHxD): 560 x 1200 x 350 mm.
Weight: 82.7 kg.